Community and Social Media Manager
The Arnall Family Foundation seeks applicants for the position of Community and Social Media Manager(CSM) for the Right Horse Initiative(TRH). This role reports directly to the Creative Services Manager and works with the Foundation team on a daily basis.
The Arnall Family Foundation is a private family foundation headquartered in Oklahoma City focused on supporting programs serving at-risk youth, animals and reforming the criminal justice system in Oklahoma.
Responsibilities of the Community Manager
The CSM will focus on developing and implementing The Right Horse Initiative’s community strategy and supporting the Arnall Family Foundations social and community strategy. The responsibilities of the CSM include:
- Develop and refine social media strategies across multiple social platforms including, but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, blogs, etc.
- Write and proofread all outgoing communication to the community
- Develop platform-specific content and editorial calendars
- Regularly monitor conversations on channels and appropriately respond to comments in a timely manner that is representative of the brand’s voice
- Oversee the management of social media campaigns, including advertising campaigns
- Review and pull insights from analytics then make recommendations on improving results and engagement
- Develop and maintain partnership networks and cultivate advocates
- Build and maintain an influencer network for the necessary brands
- Support other policy and advocacy initiatives of the Foundation
- Represent the Foundation online amongst community stakeholders, partners, influencers, and occasionally at events
- Keeping inventory and shipping promotional products, welcome kits to partners and influencers
- Make recommendations to decision makers and champion engagement and social media strategy
- Develop and implement frequent reporting process for all digital channels
As the Foundation evolves and grows, these responsibilities may change and encompass additional areas within the marketing department.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have a good level of experience with various social media channels and a deep understanding and experience with the equine industry. S/he will minimally hold a bachelor’s degree. The ideal candidate will possess many of the following professional and personal abilities, attributes, and experiences:
- Understanding of social media platforms, social media advertising and targeting, and digital measurement and analytics
- A minimum of two years of experience in strategy development and social media management
- Understanding of social trends and digital best practices and commitment to staying current with technology and trends in industry
- Familiarity with photography and composition
- A deep commitment to The Right Horse Initiative’s mission and the ability to understand the initiative’s goals and objectives
- A proven track record of developing brands online through partnerships and community engagement
- An eye for grammar and spelling mistakes
- Knowledge and a love for horses with the ability to communicate with horse enthusiasts from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines
- Proven ability to meet multiple deadlines and balance numerous projects while maintaining a perspective on long-term goals
- Experience collaborating with a diverse and decentralized staff
- Intelligence and inspiration to anticipate, conceive, express, and create opportunities
- Independence and self-confidence to act decisively and, at the same time, an ability to receive, integrate and translate others’ ideas and suggestions
- A hard working, positive, mission-driven and extroverted work style
- A welcome attitude to constructive criticism of his/her work
- Analytical skills, quantitative and qualitative
- Excellent written and communication skills
The Arnall Family Foundation has a policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disabilities, marital status or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume by May 29th, 2017 to Austin Mayden at AMayden@arnallfamilyfoundation.org. Please be sure to put the job title in the subject line.
The position is full-time with a competitive benefits package.