Event Management Internship
The WaterShed Animal Fund seeks applicants for the position of Event Management Intern for the Right Horse Initiative.
The WaterShed Animal Fund is a division of the Arnall Family Foundation. The Arnall Family Foundation is a private family foundation headquartered in Oklahoma City. The Fund is focused primarily on supporting programs serving animals at-risk.
This role reports directly to the Program Officer and works directly with the Foundation/Fund team. The internship will begin January 7, 2019 and end May 24, 2019; dates can be somewhat flexible.
Responsibilities of the Intern
The Intern will focus on supporting the execution of the Fund’s equine initiative called The Right Horse (TRH). TRH seeks to make lasting, transformative improvements to equine welfare in the United States through results-driven investments and strategic convening of community partners. Responsibilities will primarily focus on event management for a small conference, and support of ongoing events taking place throughout the spring across the country (the Roadshow).
- Assist with all aspects of planning and managing the 2019 Right Horse Summit
- Coordinate with hotel, food and beverage and other vendors including managing RFPs, quotes, menu planning, scheduling and other details
- Communicate with Right Horse partners and event attendees; manage RSVPs
- Organize and disseminate travel details; act as main point of contact for attendees
- Assemble relevant materials for the Summit; organize and coordinate with staff to publish and print
- Create session schedule, prepare materials, and coordinate with presenters
- Travel to the Summit May 22-23, 2019 in Lexington, KY to provide on-site support
- Assist with marketing and promotion of events via social and digital media channels
- Assist with mailing and inventory of supplies; other office duties as assigned
- Provide event support for Roadshow events taking place nationwide including supply and collateral management, event coordination and promotion assistance as needed
- Other projects as assigned
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate
Candidates must be enrolled at, or recently graduated from, a college or university, ideally in an equine/animal science, hospitality management or business administration undergraduate program. The ideal candidate will have:
- A working understanding of the equine industry and experience and/or interest in equine welfare
- Experience or expressed interest in event production
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Basic program budgeting skills
- Proven ability to meet multiple deadlines and balance numerous projects
- Ability to adapt quickly and problem-solve confidently
- Experience collaborating with a diverse and decentralized staff
- A hard working, positive, mission-driven and extroverted work style
- Access to reliable transportation and ability to commute to the OKC office
The Arnall Family Foundation has a policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disabilities, marital status or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Ready to Apply?
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume by 12/7/18 to Christie Schulte Kappert at Christie.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to put the job title in the subject line.
The position is a paid part-time internship at 15-20 hours/week and located in Oklahoma City, OK. Course credit for an internship can be arranged.