The Arnall Family Foundation seeks applicants for the position of Graphic Designer(GDR) for the various initiatives of the Foundation. This role reports directly to the Creative Services Manager and works with the Foundation team on a daily basis.
The Arnall Family Foundation is a private family foundation headquartered in Oklahoma City focused on supporting programs serving at-risk youth, animals and reforming the criminal justice system in Oklahoma.
Responsibilities of the Graphic Designer
The GDR will focus on designing and implementing effective marketing and communication materials that range from print to digital. The responsibilities of the GDR include:
- Continue to develop and refine the Foundation’s brands.
- Create graphics for use on Social Media and support graphics for blogs
- Design and create collateral for programs or initiatives supported by the Foundation
- Produce designs for various screen sizes and distribution methods
- Write and proofread copy for materials on an as needed basis
- Manage orders and professionally communicate directly with suppliers or printers
- Keep inventory of materials and collateral
- Provide support for marketing initiatives and campaigns
- Support other policy and advocacy initiatives of the Foundation
- Represent the Foundation amongst community stakeholders, partners and influencers
- Make recommendations to decision makers and champion new design ideas, strategy and thinking
As the Foundation evolves and grows, these responsibilities may change and encompass additional areas within the marketing department.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have a good level of experience with designing for print and digital projects. S/he will minimally hold a bachelor’s degree. The ideal candidate will possess many of the following professional and personal abilities, attributes, and experiences:
- A minimum of two years of experience in a design related field
- A deep commitment to the Foundations mission and the ability to understand the Foundations goals and objectives
- Up-to-date with the latest trends, techniques, and technologies
- Proficient knowledge of design principals and software used for graphic design, including but not limited to Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- A proven track record of developing brands from concept to completion
- An eye for grammar and spelling mistakes
- Proven ability to meet multiple deadlines and balance numerous projects while maintaining a perspective on long-term goals
- Experience collaborating with a diverse and decentralized staff
- Intelligence and inspiration to anticipate, conceive, express, and create opportunities
- Independence and self-confidence to act decisively and, at the same time, an ability to receive, integrate and translate others’ ideas and suggestions
- A hard-working, positive, mission-driven and extroverted work style
- A welcome attitude to constructive criticism of his/her work
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Willingness to learn new tools and techniques
- Understanding of HTML and CSS a plus, but not required
- Understanding of Agile workflows a plus, but not required
The Arnall Family Foundation has a policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disabilities, marital status or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send examples of work, a cover letter and resume by June 21st, 2018 to Austin Mayden at AMayden@arnallfamilyfoundation.org. Please be sure to put the job title in the subject line.
The position is full-time with a competitive benefits package.