Program Officer, Criminal Justice Reform
The Arnall Family Foundation seeks applicants for the position of Program Officer for its Criminal Justice Reform initiative. The Arnall Family Foundation is a private family foundation headquartered in Oklahoma City. The Foundation primarily supports programs that focus on child welfare, animal welfare and criminal justice reform. This role reports to the Foundation President and works with the Foundation team daily.
Responsibilities of the Program Officer
- Develop and refine strategies regarding the Foundation’s overall engagement in criminal justice reform
- Develop relationships and a partnership network: work closely with current partners, develop new partners and identify potential partners
- Oversee the implementation of CJR projects including reviewing reports, data and outcomes
- Represent the Foundation amongst community stakeholders, partners and service providers
- Attend community meetings relevant to CJR on behalf of the Foundation
- Engage in policy research and best practice research in CJR
- Facilitate government relations outreach and provide thought leadership
- Work collaboratively with the community stakeholders, partners and service providers
- Make recommendations to decision makers and contribute to engagement strategy
- Support other education and advocacy initiatives of the Foundation
As the Foundation evolves and grows, these responsibilities may change and encompass additional areas within the grantmaking department.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate
- A working knowledge of the criminal justice and mental health systems in Oklahoma
- Analytical skills, quantitative and qualitative
- Experience incorporating the voices and viewpoints of multiple stakeholders, including communities of color, in the consideration of impacts and outcomes of a decision-making process
- An understanding of bias as well as institutional and structural racism and their impact on underserved and underrepresented communities
- Experience in strategy development, community collaboration and public/private partnerships
- A proven track record developing relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Proven ability to meet multiple deadlines and balance numerous projects while maintaining a perspective on long-term goals
- Intelligence and inspiration to anticipate, conceive, express and create opportunities
- Independence and self-confidence to act decisively and, at the same time, an ability to receive, integrate and translate others’ ideas and suggestions
- A hard working, positive and mission-driven work style
- A welcome attitude to constructive criticism of their work
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Sound influencing and negotiation skills
We believe that the criminal justice system in Oklahoma disproportionally hurts minority communities – including people of color and women. Their voices and experiences are invaluable to the work of the Foundation. Therefore, we strongly encourage applications from those who share these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
The Arnall Family Foundation has a policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disabilities, marital status or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Ready to Apply?
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume by October 16, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to put the job title in the subject line.
The position is full-time with a competitive, family friendly benefits package.
Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.