Program Associate - Criminal Justice Reform Initiative
The Arnall Family Foundation seeks applicants for the position of Program Associate for the Criminal Justice Reform Initiative.
The Arnall Family Foundation is a private family foundation headquartered in Oklahoma City. The Foundation is focused primarily on supporting programs serving at-risk youth, criminal justice reform and animal welfare.
This role reports directly to the President and works on a daily basis with the President and the Foundation team.
Responsibilities of the Program Officer
The Program Officer (PO) will focus on supporting the execution of the Foundation’s criminal justice reform strategy (CJRS). The CJRS seeks to make lasting, transformative improvements to the criminal justice systems and programs in Oklahoma County and beyond through results-driven investments and strategic convening of community partners. The responsibilities of the PO include:
- Develop and refine strategies regarding the Foundation’s overall engagement in criminal justice reform
- Develop partnership network and cultivate champions: work closely with current partners, develop new partners and identify potential partners for the CJRS
- Oversee the management of implementation of CJRS projects
- Oversee the management of social media campaigns
- Represent the Foundation amongst community stakeholders, partners and service providers
- Attend community meetings relevant to the CJRS on behalf of the Foundation
- Engage in policy research and best practice research in criminal justice reform
- Facilitate government relations outreach and provide thought leadership
- Work collaboratively with the community stakeholders, partners and service providers
- Make recommendations to decision makers and contribute to engagement strategy
- Assist in development and execution of the Foundation’s grantmaking strategies as they relate to the strategic plan
- Support other policy and advocacy initiatives of the Foundation
This role is designed for high quality interactions and clear and consistent communications with grantees, governmental entities and partners in the field.
As the Foundation evolves and grows, these responsibilities may change and encompass additional areas within the grantmaking department.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have a deep level of experience in the criminal justice field. S/he will be a self-motivated and energetic social sector professional with sophistication, intelligence, drive, and experience working in a professional work environment. S/he will minimally hold a bachelor’s degree. The ideal candidate will possess many of the following professional and personal abilities, attributes, and experiences:
- A working knowledge of the criminal justice system in Oklahoma
- A minimum of five to 10 years of experience in strategy development, community collaboration and public/private partnerships
- A deep commitment to the Foundation’s mission and the ability to understand the Foundation’s goals, objectives and work and apply gained knowledge
- A proven track record developing community partnerships and building effective collaborations
- Proven ability to meet multiple deadlines and balance numerous projects while maintaining a perspective on long-term goals
- Experience collaborating with a diverse and decentralized staff
- Intelligence and inspiration to anticipate, conceive, express, and create opportunities
- Independence and self-confidence to act decisively and, at the same time, an ability to receive, integrate and translate others’ ideas and suggestions
- A hard working, positive, mission-driven and extroverted work style. A welcome attitude to constructive criticism of his/her work
- Analytical skills, quantitative and qualitative
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Sound influencing and negotiation skills
The Arnall Family Foundation has a policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disabilities, marital status or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Ready to Apply?
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Christy Counts at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to put the job title in the subject line.
The position is full-time with a competitive benefits package.
Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.